Historical Society of Bloomfield
Since 1962, The Bloomfield Historical Society has sought to spread information about Bloomfield and its neighboring towns by holding free meetings, publishing in newspapers and discussing with and lecturing interested persons and communities. Located in the Public Library, the Historical Society is run by volunteers with a passion for the past.
- Hours: Wed, 2pm - 4:30pm; Sat, 10am - 12:30pm; by appointment
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1962
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: No
- Alcohol served: No
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Restrictions: No smoking
- What is an interesting historical or little known fact about this town?: Joseph Bloomfield, the man for whom Bloomfield is named, was a war veteran and U.S. Congressman.
- Guided tours?: Yes
- Guided tour languages: English
- Cameras allowed?: Yes
- Membership levels: Corporate, Family, Individual
- Mission: "To educate the people of Bloomfield about their history."
- Annual dues: Individual $10; couple $15; student (under 18) $5; organizations (nonprofit) $10; organizations (commercial) $25.
- Meetings: Quarterly