- The annual Bloomfield Montclair football game drew a large crowd to Foley Field for the first ever Thanksgiving Eve edition of the game. This year’s game was sponsored by investors Bank, which gave away T-shirts and mini footballs to the many fans in attendance. In addition the Investors Cup was awarded to the Montclair squad for their victory. Investor’s selected MVPs from both squads and presented them with commemorative footballs and scholarships for $500 each. The Bengal recipient was senior punter Duncan Arlett. Montclair moved on to the sectional championship game and Bloomfield, although disappointed, can take solace in their 6-4 record and the knowledge they return numerous letter winners for next season.
- Bloomfield High School was chosen as a sportsmanship winner by the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association for the second year in a row. Congratulations to all the athletes and coaches who contributed to this prestigious award.
- Ian Penrose, Michael Pontrelli and Sergio Campos were selected First-Team All-SEC Liberty Division in cross country. Darnell Philemon, Anthony Ardino and John Wiley were recognized on the second team. Nate Bailey honorable mention.
- Isa Konneh represented BHS in the North/South all-star soccer game. Isa assisted on the winning goal as the North emerged with a 1-0 victory.
- A special Bengal get well soon wish to our gifted photographer and lifelong Bengal fan Jerry Simon. Jerry gives tirelessly to the athletes of BHS and we look forward to seeing him at a game soon.
Bengal trivia-Last week’s question? What team did Mike Carter defeat in his first game as Bengal football coach? Correct answer-Montclair- submitted by John Selby.
This week’s question: what is the oldest holiday basketball tournament in New Jersey?
Reminder-History of Bloomfield High School books available for sale in the central office and athletic office for $10. All proceeds will benefit the Bloomfield Education Foundation.
Photographs of Bloomfield athletes in competition are available for viewing or downloading for no cost at:http://bloomfieldbengals.photoshop.com
All schedules, results and directions are available atwww.highschoolsports.net and also accessible via the district home page.
Note: Please bear with us as "highschoolsports.com" is being reconfigured and has been experiencing some technical difficulties. Thank you for your patience.