- Volleyball continued their strong play with wins over Barringer and Millburn. The Bengals enter the Essex County Tournament with a #15 State ranking. The boys host Golda Och in an opening round game on Wednesday.
- The track team swept East Side and West Side in dual meet action at the Gibson Complex. It was at the Millburn relays that the squad really made their mark. The long jump relay of Steve Taste and Nick Perry obliterated the meet record with a total of 43’8.5”. Taste’s jump of 22’ is the eighth best in the State this year. Perry’s 21’8.5” is tenth best in NJ. The Bengals also earned Gold Medals in the boys Javelin and 4x110 Hurdles. The Girls 4x200 team finished in first place with a time of 1:49.15.
- Boys Tennis team bested Cedar Grove and Snyder High Schools. The Bengals seemingly improve with each outing.
- Baseball broke their extended losing streak with a convincing win over a tough Old Tappan nine. The Baseball club begins County Tournament play vs MKA this Wednesday.
- Softball lost a close game to league rival Cedar Grove. The Girls open Essex Tournament play vs West Orange on Sunday.
- The golf team competed against Essex County’s best at the Weequahic Golf Club. Omar Pinto had the low score for the Bengals.
--See attached week's sports schedule
REMINDER-HISTORY OF BLOOMFIELD HIGH SCHOOL BOOKS AVAILABLE FOR SALE IN THE CENTRAL OFFICE AND ATHLETIC OFFICE FOR $10. ALL PROCEEDS WILL BENEFIT THE BLOOMFIELD EDUCATION FOUNDATION.
PHOTOGRAPHS OF BLOOMFIELD ATHLETES IN COMPETITION ARE AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING OR DOWNLOADING FOR NO COST AT:
ALL SCHEDULES, RESULTS AND DIRECTIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT WWW.HIGHSCHOOLSPORTS.NET AND ALSO ACCESSIBLE VIA BLOOMFIELD PATCH.COM AND THE BLOOMFIELD SCHOOL DISTRICT HOME PAGE.