There are so many things to love about summer, but mosquitoes aren’t one of them.
The Essex County Mosquito Commission provides residents with these tips.
Ten Commandments of Mosquito Control
1. Eliminate All Standing Water.
2. Flatten All Types of Open Cans & Containers or Puncture Holes in Bottom.
3. Completely Seal Cesspools & Screen All Vents.
4. Clean Clogged Roof Gutters & Drain Flat Roofs So No Water Can Pool There.
5. Cover All Standing Receptacles, Such as Rain Barrels in Rural Areas, with Netting.
6. Empty & Refill Outdoor Bird Baths Every Few Days.
7. Stock with Fish or Aerate Garden Pools & Ponds.
8. Tilt Wheelbarrows & Machines with Containers to Prevent Holding Water.
9. Empty Watering Cans & Wading Pools After Using.
10. Dispose of Old Tires or Anything Else that Holds Water.
For more information, visit Essex County Mosquito Control.