As we look ahead to November’s elections, Bloomfield Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race that will impact the town. Though there are no local elections, there are plenty of other races you will be voting in. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Essex County Sheriff: Sheriff Armando Fontoura, a Democrat, will square off against Orlando Mendez in November.
- 11th Congressional District: Longtime Congressman Rodney Frelinghuysen, who faced no opposition in the GOP primary, will take on Democratic Challenger John Arvanites, who also had no opponents in the primary.
- 10th Congressional District: In nearby Newark, Councilman Donald Payne Jr. will face Paul Kelemen in November.
- U.S. Senate: U.S. Senator Bob Menendez (D), the junior United States Senator from New Jersey who was first appointed in 2006 to fill Jon Corzine's seat, takes on Republican challenger Joe Kyrillos, who easily defeated three opponents in the primary.
- U.S. President: President Barack Obama will presumptively face former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in a campaign that has already focused heavily on the economy and job growth.