The following is courtesy Bloomfield police.
The "Got Drugs? prescription medication give back program will be held at the Bloomfield Police Department at 1 Municipal Plaza on Saturday from 10 a.m - 2 p.m.
The drop off area is the front desk of Police Headquarters.
This program is anonymous and all efforts will be made to protect the anonymity of individuals disposing of medications. No questions or requests for identification will be made to let people deposit medication freely and independently.
- Police they will not count, inventory or log medications, nor will they handle the medications.
- A law enforcement officer must remain with the drug disposal box at all times to maintain and safe-guard and integrity of the disposed items.
- Residents can dispose of medication either in its original container or by removing medication from its container and disposing directly into the drug disposal box.
- If the original container is submitted, the individual will be encouraged to remove the prescription label if it contains any personal identifying information.
- Liquid products, such as cough medicine, should remain sealed in their original container and the depositor should ensure that the cap is tightly sealed to prevent leakage.
- Syringes and other sharp instruments will not be accepted.