What's Open, Closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas
Know of something open that's not on the list? Then add it in the comment section to let your neighbors know!
Monday is Christmas Eve. Tuesday is Christmas Day. Here is a list of how state and federal offices and services will be affected.
- State and local government offices will be closed on Monday and Tuesday.
- Financial and stock markets will be open on Monday until 1 p.m. They will be closed on Tuesday.
- Courts will be closed on Monday and Tuesday.
- Post offices will be open on Monday. They will close on Tuesday with no regular mail delivery.
- Banks will be closed on Tuesday. Some banks have the option to open on Monday.
- The Bloomfield Public Library will close on Monday at 3 p.m. and remain closed Tuesday. The library will reopen on Wednesday.
NJ Transit :
- On Monday, trains will operate on the current weekday schedule on all lines. Additional “early getaway” service will operate from New York Penn Station, Newark Penn Station and Hoboken Terminal starting at 1 p.m. on the Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast (to Long Branch only), Raritan Valley, Morris & Essex (from New York only), Pascack Valley (modified getaway service) and Port Jervis lines.
- On Christmas Day, Tuesday, trains will operate on a weekend/major holiday schedule on all rail lines. Visit njtransit.com for detailed schedules.
- Holiday bus schedules vary by route—customers are advised to visit njtransit.com for details.
- For details, refer to timetables or check the agency’s website or call (973) 275-5555.
- PATH trains will run on a regular schedule on Monday and a Saturday schedule on Tuesday.