Gas Supply Scarce in Belleville, Nutley
Stations either out of fuel or quickly running out of it in townships.
At 11:30 a.m., gas stations all along Bloomfield Avenue in Belleville and Nutley were either out of gas already or quickly running out.
A Delta station at the corner of Bloomfield Avenue and Grove Street in Bloomfield still had fuel, but the manager said he expects to only have a half-hour supply.
The manager also said the distributor does not expect to get gas to the stations for a day or two.
In a scene reminiscent of the 1970s oil crisis, people were seen topping off their gas tanks and filling containers for an additional supply of gasoline.
One man said he came to the area from West Caldwell in search of an open gas station.
Here is a list of open gas stations that have fuel as of 1:45 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Exxon at 75 Belleville Ave. in Bloomfield with line of about 30 cars.
- Gulf Station in Livingston, at 625 South Livingston Ave., with a line of 100 plus people, according to a few residents
- Shell gas station, at 490 Valley St. in Maplewood
- Unconfirmed stations open on Route 22 in Union and Springfield
- Sunoco in Totowa/Little Falls on Rt. 46 East
- Parkway north- and southbound near mile marker 151, gas stations open with over 100 cars in line
Belleville-Nutley Patch will continue to update this story.